Wednesday, June 15, 2016

I Have Zero Willpower.....

Do you ever pass a sale and think to yourself “I’ll just go in for a look” knowing well that you’ll leave the store with two dresses, one top bought in four different colours, a pair of shoes, two pairs of skinny jeans, a handbag, 3 skirts, and a puppy?  Yes.  We have all been there.  This, however, was not one of those occasions, this genuinely was an innocent browse with no intention of buying anything.


Did that really happen?  Ha!  Of course not!


I saw a dress.  It wasn’t even a particularly nice dress.  I looked at it once and thought to myself how nice the colour was, and aimlessly put it back onto the rail.  You usually can’t go wrong with French Connection, but this dress was very...... meh.  Other than the colour it wasn’t particularly eye catching.  But for some reason I kept coming back to it... No matter how many times I wandered over to the other side of the shop to look and shoes, bags, I always found myself back at this dress! 

It was clearly a sign.  



I still maintain it is not that nice on the hanger.  But when put on, oh my god!!  The colour didn’t wash me out (always a winner with my pale, Irish skin), the shape and cut was form-fitting, but still classy, cut just above the knee....


Oh and here the clincher...... 50% off.

How could I not?!



And so begins what I imagine will be a running theme on this blog; “how could I not...” I say to myself to lessen the guilt as I spend money I probably don’t have.......  Who needs food anyway!!


And with that......


Welcome to the Pink Box.

No comments:

Post a Comment