Sunday, September 11, 2016

Nars Sheer Glow



"Aaaaammmm your skin is glowing... Why is your skin glowing?"


Good! I count that as a win.  In fact whenever my self-declared grease monkey boyfriend notices any detail of my makeup I count it as a win. The "glowing" comment was particularly good considering it was my first time wearing Nars Sheer Glow foundation. It does exactly as it says on the tin apparently!


I've heard so many rave reviews about this foundation. It has a massive cult following so I had high expectations leaving Brown Thomas with my new buy.


I've never bought anything from Nars before, it was always a brand that slipped under the radar for me. But I have to say, I've been converted! The whole experience was a positive one! The girls at the counter weren't the usually "snotty" makeup girls who you can tell are judging your makeup.. I don't want to make this another "bad MAC experience" post (if you haven't already gone down that rabbit hole on YouTube, do! It's a mass a snobby entertainment!) but I've more or less completely stopped buying from the brand.


At the Nars counter the girls there were helpful and didn't try to sell me a foundation colour that was overly dark. Always a good thing! The coverage is medium but buildable. For the first time in years, apply it with my grubby fingers!! Less wastage and the application is even. I only have to use one pump, versus 2-3 when using a brush or beauty blender for the same level of coverage.


I've been bitten by the Nars bug! Expect more posts along these lines


Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment